The controller defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
Daimler Commercial Vehicles MENA FZE ("We")
N201 Street, JAFZA, PO 17880, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Data protection
We are delighted about your visit to our websites and your interest in what we offer. We greatly value the protection of your personal data. In this data protection notification we explain how we collect your personal data, what we do with your personal data, for which purposes we use your data, the legal basis for this as well as your rights and requirement arising from this. We also point out the Daimler data protection guideline:
Our data protection information for the use of our websites and the Daimler AG data protection guideline do not apply to your activities on social network websites or other providers that can be reached using links on our websites. Please obtain information about the respective data protection regulations on the websites of said providers.
- Collection and processing of your personal data
- When you visit our websites we save particular information about the browser and operating system you use, the date and time of your visit, the access status (e.g. whether you were able to open a website or received an error message), the use of website functions, search terms you potentially entered, the frequency you open individual websites, the relationship of files you open, the transferred data quantity, the website from which you accessed our websites and the website you visit after having visited our website either because you click links on our websites or directly enter a domain in the input field of the same tab (or the same window) of the browser you used to open our websites. For safety reasons, in particular to prevent and detect attacks on our websites or fraudulent behaviour, we also save your IP address and the name of your Internet service provider for a duration of seven days.
- We exclusively save any other personal data if you provide us with this data, e.g. as part of registration, a contact form, a survey, prize draw or to conclude a contract and in these cases exclusively to the extent we have been permitted to on the basis of your consent or as per the statutory stipulations (refer to the section entitled "Legal basis of processing" for more information).
- You are not legally, nor contractually obliged to surrender your personal data. It may be possible that certain functions of our websites depend on your surrender of personal data. If, in these cases, you do not surrender your personal data to us, it may have the consequence that functions are not available or only available to a limited extent.
- Purposes of use
- We use the personal information collected during your visit to any of our websites to make using them as convenient as possible for you and to protect our IT systems against attacks and other unlawful activities.
- If you share additional information with us – for example, by filling out a registration form, contact form, survey, contest entry or to execute a contract – our entities and third parties such as distributors of our products and their affiliated companies (please see the distributors network as defined in 4a) will use that information for the designated purposes, purposes of customer management and – if required – for purposes of processing and billing and business transactions within the required scope in each instance.
- Transfer of personal data to third parties; social plug-ins; Use of service providers
- Our websites may also involve third-party and distributor offers. If you click on an offer, the data may be sent to the corresponding provider or company within the distributors network as defined below to the required extent (e.g. the information that you found this offer on our website and potentially additional information you may have entered on our websites for this purpose).
Arab Republic of Egypt
Manufacturing Commercial Vehicles S.A.E.
Republic of Iraq
Leading Star Company for General Trading and Vehicles Trading Limited.
Republic of Iraq
Savanna Trading Agencies Co. Ltd.
Dubai and Northern Emirates
Gargash Enterprises LLC
Emirates Motor Company
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
E.A. Juffali and Brothers for Industrial Products LTD. (JIPCO)
Kingdom of Morocco
Auto Nejma Maroc S.A.
Kingdom of Morocco
Tractafric Motors Maroc SARL
Sultanate of Oman
Zawawi Trading Company LLC
Kingdom of Bahrain
Al-Haddad Motors SPC
Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
T. Gargour & Fils Co. LLC
State of Kuwait
Al Mulla Automobiles for Buying & Selling Cars Co. SPC
Nasser Bin Khaled and Sons Automobiles(W.L.L)
T. Gargour & Fils S.A.L.
Republic of Tunisia
Société Le Moteur S.A.
Republic of Yemen
United Engineering & Automobile Co. Ltd
Islamic Republic of Pakistan
Shahnawaz (Private) Ltd
- If we use so-called social plug-ins by social networks, such as Facebook and Twitter on our websites, we integrate them as follows:
If you visit our websites, these social plug-ins have been deactivated, i.e. no data is sent to the operators of these networks. If you would like to use one of these networks, click the corresponding social plug-in to establish a direct connection to the server of the corresponding network.
If you have a user account with the corresponding network and you are logged in to this specific social network at the time you activate the social plug-in, this network can attribute your visit to our websites or to your user account. If you would like to prevent this, please log out from the network prior to activating the social plug-in. A social network is unable to attribute a visit to other Daimler websites before you have not also activated any available social plug-in there.
When you activate a social plug-in, the network transfers the content that becomes available directly to your browser, which integrates it into our websites. In this situation, data transmissions can also take place that are initiated and controlled by the respective social network. Your connection to a social network, the data transfers taking place between the network and your system, and your interactions on that platform are governed solely by the privacy policies of that network. The social plug-in remains active until you deactivate it or delete your cookies.
- If you click the link to an offer or activate a social plug-in, it may be that personal data is transferred to providers in countries outside the European Economic Area that do not guarantee "adequate levels of protection" that meets EU standards for the processing of personal data from a perspective of the European Union ("EU"). Please consider this before clicking a link or activating a social plug-in and consequently trigger any transfer of your data.
- Analysis of usage data; use of analysis tools
- We would like to tailor the content of our websites as precisely as possible to your interests and in this way improve our offer for you. In order to identify usage preferences and particularly popular areas of the websites, we use the following analysis tool(s): Matomo Analytics.
- If you do not want us to collect and analyze information about your visit to our website using the analysis tools mentioned above, you can object to this at any time with effect for the future ("opt-out"). We implement your objection by setting an opt-out cookie in your browser. This cookie is only used to associate your objection. Please note that for technical reasons, an opt-out cookie only works in the browser in which it was set. If you delete the cookies or use a different browser or device, please opt-out again.
- Below you will find information on the providers of the analysis tools we use and the respective opt-out options:
You can prevent the transfer of your data and its collection and processing by Google. Google informs about this via the following link: https://matomo.org/privacy-policy/
- Usage-based information (targeting and retargeting)
In order to be able to tailor our online marketing (e.g. banner advertising) on the websites of our retargeting partners (Flashtalking, Linkedin, Google Adwords, Google Doubleclick and Vivaki) more specifically to your needs and interests, we use so-called retargeting technologies. Your interest in our products and services is stored in cookies. These cookies are read and used when visiting other websites that work together with our retargeting partners in order to be able to inform you as focused on your interests as possible. This is done anonymously, i.e. you cannot be identified by retargeting.
If you do not want Daimler and its retargeting partners to collect, store and analyze information about your visit and to tailor banner advertising to your interests, you can object to this at any time with effect for the future (opt-out).
An opt-out cookie is placed in your browser to technically implement your objection. This cookie is used exclusively for the association of your objection. Please note that for technical reasons, an opt-out cookie can only be used for the browser from which it was set. If you delete the cookies or use another browser or another terminal device, please opt-out again.
When retargeting technologies are used, data may be transferred to recipients outside the European Economic Area; please refer to section 13 below.
We take technical and organizational security measures in order to protect your information managed by us from being tampered with, lost, destroyed or accessed by authorized individuals. We are continuously improving our security measures in line with technological advancements.
- Legal basis of processing
- Insofar as you have given us your consent for the processing of your personal data, that consent is the legal basis for the processing (Art. 6 para. 1 letter a GDPR).
- The legal basis for processing personal data for the purposes of initiating or compliance with a contract with yourselves shall be Article 6 Section 1 Paragraph b GDPR.
- If processing your personal information is required to fulfill our legal obligations (e.g. data retention), we are authorized to do so by Art. 6, para. 2, letter c, of the GDPR.
- Furthermore, we process personal information for purposes of protecting our legitimate interests as well as the interests of third parties in accordance with Art. 6, para. 1, letter f of the GDPR. Examples of such legitimate interests include maintaining the functionality of our IT systems as well as the (direct) marketing of our products and services and those of third parties and the legally required documentation of business contacts. As part of the consideration of interests required in each case, we take into account various aspects, in particular the type of personal information, the purpose of processing, the circumstances of processing and your interest in the confidentiality of your personal information.
- Deleting your personal data
Your IP address and the name of your Internet service provider, which we store for security reasons, are deleted after seven days. Moreover, we delete your personal information as soon as the purpose for which it was collected and processed has been fulfilled. Beyond this time pe-riod, data storage only takes place to the extent made necessary by the legislation, regulations or other legal provisions to which we are subject in the EU or by legal provisions in third-party countries if these have an appropriate level of data protection. Should it not be possible to delete data in individual cases, the relevant personal data are flagged to restrict their further processing.
- Rights of the data subject
- As a person affected by data processing your have the right to information (Article 15 GDPR), Correction (Article 16 GDPR), Deletion of data (Article 17 GDPR), Restricting processing (Article 18 GDPR) and Transferring data (Article 20 GDPR).
- If you have consented to the processing of your personal infor-mation by us, you have the right to revoke your consent at any time. Your revocation does not affect the legality of the processing of your personal information that took place before your consent was revoked. It also has no effect on the continued processing of the in-formation on another legal basis, such as to fulfill legal obligations (see section titled "Legal Foundation of Processing").
- Right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of personal data affecting you at any time resulting from an extraordinary situation on the basis of Article 6 Section 1 e) GDPR (data processing in the interest of the public) or Article 6 Section 1 f) GDPR (data processing on the basis of balancing of interests). If you object, we shall exclusively continue to process your personal data if we can provide mandatory, justifiable reasons that overrule your interests, rights and liberties or if the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal rights.
- If possible, we ask you to address your claims or declarations to the following email address: email@example.com
- If you are of the opinion that the processing of your personal data infringes statutory stipulations, you have the right to file a complaint at a responsible data protection supervisory authority (Article 77 GDPR).
If you subscribe to a newsletter provided on our website, the data stated upon subscribing to the newsletter shall exclusively be used to send the newsletter, providing you do not consent to any further use of the corresponding data. You can end the subscription at any time via the unsubscribe option in the newsletter.
- Daimler AG's Central Registration Service
- Data transmission to recipients outside the European Economic Area
- When using service providers (see section 4. d.), tracking and (re-)targeting (see section 5), personal data may be pro-vided to recipients in countries outside the European Union ("EU"), Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway (= European Eco-nomic Area) are transferred and processed there, in particular USA, India.
- In the following countries, from the EU's point of view, there is an adequate level of personal data protection (so-called "adequacy"), in compliance with EU standards: Andorra, Argentina, Canada (limited), Faroe Islands, Guernsey, Israel, Isle of Man, Japan, Jersey, New Zealand, Switzerland, Uruguay. We agree with recipients in other countries on the use of EU standard contractual clauses, binding corporate regulations or EU-U. S. or Swiss-U. S. Privacy Shield to create an "adequate level of protection" according to legal requirements. For more information, please use the contact details given in section 9.d. above.
You can find information on the cookies we use and their functions in our cookie information.
Last update: May 2020